The Liebster award has been making its rounds. It is awarded to blogs with fewer than 200 followers who have inspired others in some way and could use more love from readers like you. I am honored to be nominated by Jackie Wellington.
I have been asked to answer 10 questions, nominate 5-10 other blogs for this award, and ask them some questions as well.
Here are the questions from Jackie at Why I Write Picture Books. My answers are in RED.
1. Which do you prefer in a picture book — Rhyme or prose? I love rhyme, but it doesn't work for all stories. So, I guess that means, both.
2. What is your favorite season of the year and why? I love Spring because it is the promise of new life and the beauty of growing things.
3. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas because it is a time to spend with family.
4. How many children do you have? If you do not have children, do you want children someday? I have two beautiful grown daughters who I am VERY proud of.
5. Favorite TV show (s)? That's tough, because it really depends on my mood. I love Big Band Theory when I feel like laughing, Chicago Fire, Parenthood and even some reality TV when I feel like escaping from my own reality. :)
6. Favorite author (s) My favorite children's authors include Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, Frances Hodgson Burnett, E.B. White - there are soooo many. For my own reading, I love Jodi Picoult.
7. Favorite movie (s) Again, this is mood dependent, but I love a good romantic comedy like The Holiday or Sweet Home Alabama. I also love some classics like It's a Wonderful Life.
8. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? Hmmmm. I have been lucky enough to travel quite a bit, but I think I would have to say Italy.
9. If you could award, “THE MAKE A DIFFERENCE AWARD”, to whom would you give it? Ellen DeGeneres. She gives back a great deal and makes people laugh every day.
10. What is it that you want everyone to know about you? That I care about doing my best for myself and others.